Salukis Embracing Drawdown
Project Drawdown is the most comprehensive plan ever proposed to reverse global warming. Found in both book format and online at Drawdown.org, the resource ranks 100 solutions to reverse global warming. The Sustainability Office is bringing attention to this positive, solution-based resource in the following ways.
The Sustainability Office is offering an opportunity to bring the Drawdown resource to you! If you would be interested in learning more about Drawdown and how the resource might be used to help prepare your students for their future careers, we’d like to hear from you. We’d be happy to facilitate an exploratory session (15-45 minutes) to meet your needs in your department or area. If you are interested, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. From there, we’ll organize our roadshow around your availability and content requests. We’d hope to have a minimum of 3 faculty members or 10 students at each session (but could accommodate many more), so ask your colleagues if they’d be interested, as well. In your email, please respond to the following questions:
- The conversation can be for a faculty audience, student audience, or both. Who will the audience be?
- What is the academic area or course?
- How much time would you like to allocate to the Drawdown Roadshow?
- How many people do you expect?
- Do you have a specific date in mind?
- What location do you have in mind? (You will provide the location.)?
- Are there any specific solutions or sectors you would like to see included?
- Would you be open to this session being placed on the SIU Sustainability calendar so it would be open to others?
If you cannot respond to all questions now, please respond with the answers you can provide.
More Drawdown Opportunities:
- Learn more about Drawdown at this event on April 4, 2019, hosted by the Saluki Energy Focus Group.
- Learn how the Sustainability Working groups are embracing Drawdown to prioritize their work. Link to Sustainability Working Groups page.
- Check out our Sustainability Calendar and Earth Month Calendar to see if there’s currently a Drawdown Roadshow scheduled that is open to the public.
Join our Saluki Green Action Team as we unite the SIU communities in an effort to learn more about solutions, then create action!
Drawdown EcoChallenge is a 21 day program where participants take action to reduce their carbon footprint. Participants team up to track their progress and share it on an online platform to see how they are ranking in comparison to other teams.
This EcoChallenge is based off of Project Drawdown which is a book which maps, models, and measures the most effective ways to combat global climate change by the year 2050. The activities in the Drawdown EcoChallenge are based on initiatives seen in the book. For every action, the team is awarded points, the bigger the action, the more points awarded.
Join our Saluki Green Action Team by clicking the link below.
You are always welcome to contact your elected officials to share your opinions. However, it is important that you comply with board policy. University policy limits the use of university-owned computers and communication networks to purposes related to the discharge of their duties as employees, official business with the University, or other university-sanctioned activities. As such, contact with any elected officials should be on the employee’s own time and should not utilize the University’s computers or email. Employees, as private citizens, are permitted to contact their elected officials to express their personal views and opinions or request actions by their elected officials.