Did you know:
- There is a community garden in the heart of downtown Carbondale.
- North America is home to over 4,000 wild bees species.
- There is a beautiful route through Devil's Kitchen Lake that allows you to paddle into Panther Den Wilderness via boat.
Salukis Take Action:
- Learn about the role urban centers play for bee populations and the effects of land use and socioeconomic factors on pollinators with Dr. Gerardo Camilo.
Gerardo Camilo – St. Louis University, Department of Biology
Seminar Title: "To bee or not to bee in the city: Social and ecological drivers of urban bee diversity"
Thursday, Sept. 26, 2019, 4 pm
Life Science III Auditorium
- Celebrate National Public Lands Day with the Student Sustainability Coalition on Sept. 28. Pick Up and Paddle Day includes a beautiful canoe trip on Devil's Kitchen Lake and a service project in Panther's Den Wilderness Area to follow. Email email@example.com to sign up. Space is limited; transportation from the Student Center provided.
- Learn about growing healthy food with the community food project, Washington Street Garden. Sign up for a volunteer slot with the Center for Service Learning.
Keep up the great work,
Saluki Green Action Team