Hello Saluki Green Action Team!
Did you know?Using organic materials or the correct amounts of commonly used chemicals will reduce the risk of unhealthy exposures for you and the environment?
Take a look at the items you use on a daily basis and find out if there are alternatives that are more environmentally friendly. And if you make the switch, dispose of household chemicals responsibly.
- Always dispose of any chemical materials safely. The Household Chemical Collection Event is the perfect opportunity to dispose of unwanted items!
- Read instruction labels, store items securely and don’t use items past their expiration dates.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables before use to wash off possible pesticides.
- Using items like vinegar, lemon juice, baking soda to make effective at-home cleaners./li>
- Pay attention to what is in your products that could harm the environment. For instance, many face wash products contain microplastics.
- Be sure to use no more than the required amounts of chemical-containing productssuch as detergents, mouthwash and various cleaners.