Hello Saluki Green Action Team!
Welcome back! We are kicking 2019 off with a small action that can have a BIG collective impact on campus and at home.
Did you know: The energy used to light a home actually accounts for 15% of the average household's monthly electric bill?
Take Action: Help save the planet and your wallet by turning off the lights that aren’t currently being used.
When to turn lights off:
- When you aren’t in the room.
- When there’s daylight outside.
Benefits of turning off lights:
- Reduces your Carbon Footprint.
- Saves money on monthly electric bills.
- Decreases the need to replace light bulbs. This means:
- Using less raw materials to manufacture bulbs.
- Saving energy and expense required to replace dead bulbs.
Salukis save by turning out the lights. Watch this video to see Grey Dawg in action!
Turning off the lights is easy. Check out these funny videos for extra guidance!
Want to learn more?
Keep up the great work,
Saluki Green Action Team