Hello Saluki Green Action Team!
This week, we will focus on sustainable gift ideas for special occasions. As you know, Valentine's Day is tomorrow! It's a day to show love and appreciation to the people in our lives. The good news: we can do so without breaking the bank. We have sustainable Valentine's Day gift ideas to help you express your love and save money as well.
Did You Know: According to the National Retail Foundation (NRF), retail spending for this year will increase by more than $1.4 billion! The NRF predicts that Americans will spend an average of $143.56 on Valentine's Day this year totaling $19.6 billion, a significant increase from last year's average of $136.57, totaling $18.2 billion.
Find out more: National Retail Foundation on Valentine's Day Shopping.
Take Action Now: Practice Sustainability this Valentine's Day
- Make your own card: Show your creative side and make personalized cards to highlight the special qualities of that special someone.
- Pay it forward: Think about items you already have that you are not using. You can share these with others in need, not just a loved one.
- Thinking about dinner plans? Shop organic ingredients from the local shops to prepare that special meal.
- You can also buy organic flowers, grown without pesticides.
- Still thinking of buying a gift? Consider shopping at a local business near you.
Find more creative sustainable gift ideas here. Don't forget to treat yourselves!
Happy Valentine's Day!
To Win a Prize: Share our post on our Facebook page or on Instagram/Twitter to be entered for a chance to win this month's prize!
Invite your friends to join the team, too. If they mention that you referred them when they sign up, you'll receive an extra entry in our next prize drawing.
Keep up the great work,
Saluki Green Action Team