The SIU Green Fund Project Grant
Every current SIU student, faculty, staff, or campus unit is eligible to apply for a Green Fund project grant. Awards are currently being granted once a year by the Green Fund Committee, which is composed of one faculty member, one staff member, and the three student members of the Sustainability Council.
The Green Fund supports advancing sustainability on our campus through research, efficient design, energy and waste reduction, aesthetic upgrades, and education and outreach. Do you have a great sustainability project idea? Please consider applying to the Green Fund! Information on previously funded Green Fund projects can be found on our Green Funded Projects page.
Green Fund workshops are held in the spring and the fall and they are a great way to learn about the green fund proposal process. Our spring 2018 schedule is as follows:
- Jan. 18, noon, Morris Library, Room 480A
- Jan. 22, 5 p.m., Innovation and Sustainability Hub, in the north end of the Student Center
- Feb. 6, 5:30 p.m., Morris Library, Room 480A
- Feb. 12, noon, Morris Library, Room 480A
- Application & Important Dates
- Project Criteria